We recently took time for a leisurely staff outing at Wheatleigh – an annual tradition at the holidays where we celebrate our success and teamwork. The library at Wheatleigh is a wonderful experience that I highly recommend to anyone who visits or lives in the Berkshires – the prices are reasonable, the menu fantastic and the service is impeccable and personable. We’re big fans.
Celebrating success is not something that we, like many organizations, do enough – and in past years it has often felt more like celebrating survival. Not 2011 – for Studio Two this was a breakout year – the year when we exceeded our own expectations, learned new skills at a breakneck pace, and challenged ourselves to do better. I wrote up a list of what we accomplished together in broad terms to share – and if you care, here it is in summary:
In 2011 we:
- Moved to new offices at 56 Church St, Lenox MA
- Grew our bottom line by 21%
- Added 4 new staff members
- Won 8 Graphic Design USA awards
- Won 1 International Creativity award
- Rebuilt and articulated our own Studio Two brand – building a new website, portfolio, message and associated collateral.
- Grew our social media connections by more than 300%
- Reduced our receivables and uncollectable debts significantly
- Donated over $50,000 in goods and services to regional non-profits
- Built over 35 new websites, transitioned 10 clients to new platforms from older sites.
- Produced polished videos for 9 clients
- Marketed and participated in the 6th Berkshire International Film Festival
- Built new brands for more than 12 leading regional organizations and a national technology firm
- Designed and produced 14 magazines
- Designed and produced a well-regarded regional marketing campaign for the Berkshires
- Designed and produced 8 new books
- Succesfully managed to maintain and grow our staff of 9 full time employees while providing them competitive salaries and benefits to regional AIGA standards
- Began work on our planned expansion to Miami in 2012!
In all, it was an extraordinary year that we know has positioned us well for the next few years to come. I’d like to thank Geoff Nader for his assistance in consulting with us for the last two years – his participation has brought focus and change to Studio Two – and we look forward to continuing our association in the years to come. I’d like to thank our visionary clients without whom we wouldn’t have these wonderful projects to explore. I’d like to thank the talented regional vendors we work with for helping us make our deadlines and look good every week. And I’d especially like to thank the marvelous, talented and energetic people who come to work here every day – their enthusiasm, creativity and professionalism is wonderful. Onward!